Man fined following Oli McBurnie altercation in Knaresborough

Police said today they have fined one man and cautioned another following an incident in Knaresborough involving Sheffield United striker Oli McBurnie.

McBurnie was arrested last month after a viral video showed a confrontation between the 24-year-old professional footballer and a 21-year-old man on High Street in Knaresborough, towards Bond End.

The incident happened on Saturday, May 8, at about 8.20pm.


Read more:


North Yorkshire Police said today it had completed its investigation and was no longer appealing for information.

It said in a statement:

“Following an investigation, a man in his 20s has been cautioned for a public order offence, namely using threatening behaviour.

“A second man, also in his 20s, was issued with a penalty notice for a similar offence.

“Police are no longer appealing for information.”

Premier League striker Oli McBurnie bailed after Knaresborough fracas

Premier League striker Oli McBurnie has been released on bail after an altercation with a man in Knaresborough on Saturday.

McBurnie was arrested last night after a viral video showed a confrontation between the 24-year-old Sheffield United striker and a 21-year-old man on High Street in Knaresborough, towards Bond End.

The incident happened at about 8.20pm.

McBurnie has now been released on bail pending further enquiries.


Read more:


North Yorkshire Police is appealing for witnesses to the alleged assault.

A statement this afternoon said:

“Detectives investigating this case would like anyone who saw the incident to get in touch.

“It is believed that two cars passed the incident, and there was also a woman pedestrian on the other side of the road who saw what happened.

“Officers are appealing to the driver of those cars and also to the woman to please get in touch.

In addition, anyone in the area at the time who might have dashcam footage, is asked to contact police.

“Dial 101, press 1 and speak to the Force Control Room. Please quote reference number 12210115038 when passing on information.”

Premier League striker arrested after altercation in Knaresborough

Premier League striker Oli McBurnie has been arrested after allegedly attacking a young man in Knaresborough over the weekend.

A viral video clip appears to show the 24-year-old confronting a 21-year-old man on Knaresborough High Street after he mentioned Sheffield United’s relegation.

North Yorkshire Police said in a statement last night:

“A 24 year old man from Knaresborough has been arrested in connection with an incident, which involved another man being assaulted.

“The 21 year old victim sustained facial injuries during the incident, which happened shortly before 8.30pm on Saturday 8 May on High Street in Knaresborough.

“The 24 year old arrested man remains in custody at this time.”

The force has asked any witnesses to call them and quote reference number 12210115038.


Read more:


Sheffield United has said in a statement:

“Officials at Sheffield United are aware of the video circulating on social media.

“We are currently investigating.”

Scotland international Oli McBurnie was ruled out with a fractured foot in April. The Blades have won just five game this season and have been relegated to the Championship.