A large tree that damaged a Porsche in Harrogate during recent storms has been felled.
Zenya Dunn, who lives on Granby Road, told the Stray Ferret her partner Michael woke to find his car beneath a large splintered branch during February’s Storm Otto.
Speaking back then, she said it was the second time the Porsche had been struck by falling branches from the tree.
Ms Dunn added her Range Rover, parked nearby, and the house front window had narrowly escaped being damaged by the tree during storms. She said the couple had alerted the council to the danger numerous times.

Zenya Dunn, standing next to her partner’s Porsche in the aftermath of Storm Otto.
North Yorkshire Council has now pruned the tree to little more than a stump.
Read more:
- Harrogate couple’s dismay after tree crashes on Porsche for second time
- Historic Harrogate house to be auctioned next month
Jon Clubb, acting head of parks and environmental services at the council, said:
“Storm Otto caused considerable disruption to parts of North Yorkshire in February. Our parks and grounds maintenance team acted swiftly to remove a large branch on Granby Road which had fallen during the storm.
“Unfortunately, damage to the tree was so severe that it needed removing and the work was recently carried out. We will be carrying out replacement plantings this winter in line with our trees and woodland policy.

The splintered branch being removed in February.
A Harrogate couple have been left dismayed after a large branch from a tree crashed onto their Porsche during Storm Otto today.
Zenya Dunn, who lives on Granby Road, told the Stray Ferret that her partner Michael woke this morning to go to work, only to find his car underneath the fallen tree.
She said it’s the second time this has happened to the couple and that the council had been informed about the dangerous tree numerous times.
Ms Dunn said:
“I woke up and he asked me if he could borrow my car. It was the car he always wanted.
“It’s the second time something like this has happened. My partner has rung the council about the tree before.”
Ms Dunn added that the tree had almost hit the front window of their house.
It also narrowly missed her Range Rover, which was parked next to the Porsche 911.

North Yorkshire County Council’s highways teams arrived to deal with the tree this morning.
Workers from North Yorkshire County Council’s highways team were on scene this morning to deal with the tree.
It comes as Storm Otto caused widespread disruption across Harrogate this morning.
On Montpellier, a tree fell onto a picture frame where tourists pose for pictures. However, the frame appeared to have withstood the impact.
Meanwhile, fallen trees caused disruption for motorists on Leeds Road, Ripon Road and on the A61 near Pannal.
You can recap all of today’s storm news in the Harrogate district here.
Read more:
- Strong winds bring morning disruption to Harrogate district
- Ofsted praise for ‘warm and welcoming’ village pre-school near Harrogate
Five-vehicle collision blocks A59 at Blubberhouses
The A59 at Blubberhouses was blocked this afternoon when five vehicles were involved in a collision.
According to North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service’s incident log, the crash occurred when “a Range Rover had lost its wheel causing it to collide with four other vehicles”. It added:
“All occupants were out of the vehicles on the arrival of the fire service and suffered minor injuries, none required ambulance treatment.
“Crews made vehicles and the scene safe before leaving the incident with the police.”
Firefighters from Harrogate and Skipton were called at 12.02pm.
North Yorkshire Police tweeted about the crash, urging motorists to avoid the key route between Harrogate and Skipton.
⚠️ Traffic Alert ⚠️
The #A59 at #KexGill is currently blocked due to a multiple vehicle RTC. Please avoid the area while crews work at the scene. pic.twitter.com/bJswEpC4Tf— N Yorks Police Traffic Bureau & Road Safety Team (@NYTrafficBureau) December 28, 2022
Read more:
- Work on £69m Kex Gill realignment delayed until January
- Revealed: the Harrogate areas set for new council tax charge