Building Maintenance Assistant
Commutable from Harrogate
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with confident all-round buildings maintenance skills to work on a large country estate undertaking a range of preventative and reactive maintenance. The role is immediately available to start on a temporary basis and may lead to a permanent role.
As the Building Maintenance Assistant responsibilities will include:
• Carrying out day-to-day reactive repairs including basic plumbing, joinery, , decorating, flooring repairs, painting, 1st line electrical faults, replacing lamps, repairing vehicle charging leads, basic door repairs etc.
• Helping subcontractors where required
• Carrying out lighting tests, lamp changing, reporting all faults and repairs to line manager
• Water Sampling & Water temperature testing logbooks updated weekly.
• Carrying out fire checks according to the relevant schedule.
As the Building Maintenance Assistant you will have experience of:
Working within a similar role gained in facilities / basic electrical/plumbing / general property Working in a maintenance environment
Basic plumbing skills
Basic electrical skills
Basic Joinery skills
It is essential that you:
Have the ability to work unsupervised
Are a self-motivated team player
Have a calm manner who is capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
Possess a flexible approach to work
Call Yasemin at Travail on 01423 530138