At Bettys, you will have the chance to be your best every day; by achieving excellence in creating exceptional dishes, engaging and motivating a team, as well as maintaining the highest brand, food hygiene and health & safety standards, all within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
As a Catering Assistant/Chef you’ll have:
- Keen interest in food and drink preparation;
- A real passion for creating fresh, great quality food & drink;
- A real team player looking for a new challenge;
- Some knowledge of food hygiene and kitchen experience is desirable but not required as full training will be provided.
If you are considering our Catering Team Leader vacancy, you’ll also have:
- A background of working in a busy kitchen, producing quality dishes;
- Experience in managing people and motivating a small team;
- An appetite for problem solving, forward planning and working at pace;
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene and Health and Safety procedures.
- A free meal, snacks & drinks on every shift;
- No split shifts and a variety of sociable hours;
- 25% discount in your Bettys Shop;
- Fantastic benefits package including birthday gift, uniform and long service holidays;
- Great opportunities for growth and progression with fantastic training;
- And most importantly, you’ll be joining a friendly team environment.
- Catering Assistants/Chefs – The starting rate of pay is £10.13 per hour, increasing to £10.60 per hour once trained, which depending on your experience and appetite to learn can take 3 months. Further training, to increase to a pay rate of £11 per hour is also available.
- Catering Team Leaders – £23,500 per annum.
You will be eligible for our Group Profit Share scheme as soon as you join us! It is paid quarterly as percentage of what you’ve earned in that quarter. This means that when it’s paid, you’ll get a % of your base pay and any overtime earned during that quarter on top of your hourly rate or salary. The percentage is set once a year in line with the performance of the Group so you’ll know what’s coming for the future instalments and we announce the % for 2022 in January. This scheme, like most bonus schemes is discretionary and non-contractual.
We have the following vacancies available:
Bettys Harlow Carr, RHS Harlow Carr Gardens, Crag Lane, Beckwithshaw, Harrogate, HG3 1QA
Catering Assistants/Chefs – 30 hours per week, 5 days over 7 including weekends on a rota basis
Bettys Harrogate, 1 Parliament Street, Harrogate, HG1 2QU
Catering Assistants/Chefs – 30 hours per week, 5 days over 7 / 18 hours per week, 3 days over 7 / 12 hours per week, 2 days over 7 including evenings and weekends on a rota basis
Catering Team Leaders – 40 hours per week, 5 days over 7 including evenings and weekends on a rota basis.