You will work alongside the BID team in the creation of all communications for Ripon BID. A multi-disciplinary position, you will be involved in delivering fully integrated campaigns including collateral creation, PR, reporting and analysis. You will have responsibility for developing all digital communications, producing engaging and high-quality content to drive awareness.
TYPE OF POST
Permanent, Part-Time (17.5 hours per week, Monday – Thursday 9.30am – 1.30pm. Remaining hours flexible
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively plan, write and deliver communications across social media platforms
- Delivery of the social media strategy including evaluating and monitoring performance
- Keep Ripon BID website up to date
- Plan and write and be involved with the delivery of the Ripon BID e-newsletters and printed business newsletter. Support in writing and the production of the annual report and update of business plans.
- Assist with the delivery of marketing projects and events in the annual marketing & projects plan successfully to deadline
- Attend board meetings, and take board minutes.
- Record and report marketing and online activity and communications to enable campaigns to be monitored and evaluated and provide up to date data on regular basis to inform strategies and campaign successes
- Administer the photo/image library
- Work across teams to ensure information is promoted and communicated via appropriate channels
- Contribute across Ripon BID projects and services as required
- Respond in a timely manner to external, internal and stakeholder enquiries
- Actively seek out and present best practice and ideas to contribute to the company’s overall aims
- Ensure all collateral, design assets and digital marketing activities are aligned with brand guidelines
This should not be considered an exhaustive list of responsibilities
PERSON SPECIFICATION Essential
- Experience in social media marketing
- Good communicator, both written and verbal, including ability to write creative, clear, succinct, engaging and accurate copy and use the appropriate tone of voice for specific audiences. Comfortable interviewing and profiling local business content.
- Self-motivated, resilient character and an excellent team player with a hands on attitude and enthusiastic approach
- Confidently able to work independently and drive own workload
- Excellent organisational skills and able to manage multiple projects and prioritise work
- Competent with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM systems and website software and knowledge of data protection standards
- Problem solving approach, positive, flexible and takes pride in strong delivery
- Online content management and website experience
- Confident photographer and videographer (by mobile phone)
- Knowledge and understanding of BIDs and the challenges and opportunities for town and city centres
- Knowledge of Ripon city centre and/or Ripon BID would be desirable
- Some weekend and evening working is required
Submit your application by 21st January by sending your CV and a covering letter (up to 2 A4 sides) on why you think you are suitable for this position to [email protected]
First interview will be held on 27th January, second interview will be held on 3rd February 2022. Starting date will be 1st March 2022.