Are you a Nurse who is missing being a Nurse and providing hands-on care for patients?
Are you an enthusiastic and motivated registered nurse looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in specialist palliative care within our local community?
This is your opportunity to make a difference and join a dynamic multi-disciplinary team passionately dedicated to providing specialist palliative and end-of-life care services across a variety of clinical settings.
We are looking for Nurses who want to develop their palliative and end-of-life care skills.
If you are compassionate and caring, then this is the perfect foundation for us to turn you into an expert in specialist palliative care.
If you are looking for part-time hours or Bank, please get in touch.
Our shift times are:
Long Day: 07.30-21.30
- 35 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays, pro-rata).
- Comprehensive Induction programme
- 4 participatory training days per year (fully funded) to support your continuous professional development
- Specialist palliative care training including advanced symptom management and communication skills training.
- Opportunities to access external training courses to enhance knowledge and skills
- Assistance and guidance for revalidation
- Support from a Clinical Practice Educator
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to staff support and specifically resilience training and clinical supervision
- Free group life assurance.
- Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 8%
- The hospice site has ample free Car Parking, and the Hospice is within walking distance from Hornbeam Park Train Station (Leeds – York line).
You will be joining an organisation that is driven, caring, and responsive and you will be playing an important role in enabling us to provide our highly valued services to the people of Harrogate and District.
We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community, regardless of gender, race, faith, disability, age, or sexual orientation and we encourage applications from users of mental health services. This is part of our commitment to equality and reflecting the diversity of our population. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks being obtained including successful applicants being required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check. Disclosure expenses will be met by the employer.
North Yorkshire Hospice Care is a registered charity in England and Wales (518905) with a family of services operating as Herriot Hospice Homecare, Just ‘B’, Saint Michael’s Hospice, and Talking Spaces. North Yorkshire Hospice Care is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (2121179).
For more information on the role, please contact us at [email protected] or on 01423 876086 and we can arrange for you to have an informal discussion and a tour.
For Applications, please click Apply to be forwarded to our website, where a full Job Description is available.
Telephone screening will take place soon after application with successful candidates being invited for an interview, which will take place in Harrogate.