The Cairn Hotel, Harrogate is a 3 star, 135 bedroomed hotel situated 5 minute’s walk from the town centre, we are also within easy reach to many surrounding areas including York, Leeds and the Dales. The hotel is part of the Strathmore Hotels Group, a family-run group of seven unique hotels offering their own individual character and charm across Scotland and the north of England.
We are currently recruiting for a Head Chef to lead our busy, kitchen team.
On a daily basis the Head Chef will be in charge of the smooth running of the breakfast, lunch, dinner, bar & function service for our 250+ sleeper hotel.
The hotel has 6 function rooms which can cater from 2 to 400 people with a restaurant which is open daily and serves a hot and cold buffet breakfast plus a carvery style dinner each evening. Lounge/bar/room service food is available from 8am til 10pm each day also.
The Head Chef must be able to keep the kitchen standards to the highest level and have the following skills/experience:
- Food preparation/food ordering
- Menu writing that is both innovative and profitable
- Team training, delegation & rota preparation abiding to company staffing levels
- Adhere to company H & S standards
- Work in line with E.H.O standards and trading standards
- Manage food stock and rotation
- Have excellent communication skills, leadership and management
- Liaise with suppliers negotiating the best prices for the hotel
- Work closely with senior managers and heads of department
- Conduct themselves at all times in a professional and business-like manner which upholds the reputation of the company
- Promote a pleasant and helpful manner to guests at all times