We are currently working for prestigious brand in Harrogate who are looking for an IT Network Support Engineer to join their team in Harrogate. Our client is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated professional who will maintain and develop the business’ IT resource. You will also have responsibility for implementing procedures and providing technical support in line with the business’ service requirements, supporting and advising team members in the appropriate use of IT.
Duties to include:
- Regularly liaise with the IT Network Manager to receive guidelines on tasks to be undertaken and to document and report back.
- Implement procedures and provide technical support in line with IT support service requirements.
- Manage and document appropriate records of expenditure, hardware and software, and of support requests and actions taken. To undertake the documentation of the procedures to be followed in the case of maintenance, fault finding as required.
- Be ‘on call’ as first point of contact in case of significant IT failure issues; an equitable sharing of duties to be undertaken alongside the IT Network Manager.
- Perform PC/Server/Infrastructure hardware and software repairs, upgrades and provisioning with the IT Network Manager. Maintain other hardware found present; install applications and trouble-shoot problems including server/network related issues.
- You will assist in supporting the VOIP system, wireless (Unifi), printing (follow-me), email (Microsoft Office 365) and virtualised network infrastructure (VMWare).
- Perform routine tasks to maintain user accounts and permissions, including implementing disk space and printer quota policies and Internet/e-mail access.
- Plan, record and implement changes to hardware and applications; collate and interpret results of testing and advise if goods are fit for use.
- Respond to support requests and determine whether an immediate solution is both required and possible; ensure steps are taken to find a permanent solution if not immediately possible.
- Make routine contacts with external contractors and suppliers. Advise and train team members; produce detailed help sheets and other documentation.
Working hours are 9am – 5.30pm (with a 30-minute lunch break).
Salary of up to £25,000 according to experience.
This is a great opportunity to join a professional and highly regarded organisation and not one to be missed.
Make us aware of your interest ASAP!