Outstanding opportunity for a Purchasing Executive to join an established and highly regarded business in Knaresborough. This role will require someone to deliver on the company’s customer promise and ensure all products are stocked in accordance with current and pending demand whilst also taking an analytical approach to providing business recommendations.
Duties to include:
- Liaise with supplier to obtain pricing, stock levels and leads times and then ensuring information is fed through to relevant teams in the business.
- Maintain stock levels to ensure no sales are lost due to lack of availability.
- Place orders in line with project timelines and liaise with internal teams to ensure timeframes are issued to relevant parties.
- Regular focus on schedules and accurate reporting re stock movement.
- Take a proactive approach in communicating with suppliers ensuring all parties are informed of progress, any pending issues, delivery dates and potentially offering alternate solutions.
- Work closely with the Finance department re payments to suppliers.
- Ensure necessary transport is in place for successful delivery of all products and liaise with Warehouse department to maintain smooth transition.
- Creation of new SKUs to support quotation process with the Sales department and inform business when SKUs/ ranges are discontinued.
- Work with the Warehouse department re delivery notes, checking and approving against purchase orders.
- Action any damages and work with suppliers to create solution in the most efficient manner.
- Previous purchasing/ buyer/ procurement or supply chain experience considered.
- Ability to communicate with various parties often managing a diverse and busy workload.
- Have a customer centric approach to your work.
- Keen eye for detail and previous reporting exposure.
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude to your work.
- Team player.
- Act with absolute professionalism.
Our client is looking to offer a salary of £30,000 per annum working Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.
Apply today if this role is of interest to you!