If you are accessing this story via Facebook but you are a subscriber then you will be unable to access the story. Facebook wants you to stay and read in the app and your login details are not shared with Facebook. If you experience problems with accessing the news but have subscribed, please contact subscriptions@thestrayferret.co.uk. In a time of both misinformation and too much information, quality journalism is more crucial than ever. By subscribing, you can help us get the story right.
Already a subscriber? Log in here.
22
Mar 2023

Residents have raised frustration over Harrogate Borough Council’s planning portal being down for more than a week.
The portal allows people to check and comment on pending planning applications in the district.
The council advertised planned maintenance would be carried out on the site from Monday, March 13 to Wednesday, March 15 and then from Monday, March 20 to Wednesday, March 22.
However, residents have reported the portal has been inaccessible since March 13.
Graham Bowland, from Staveley, told the Stray Ferret the matter had been frustrating for locals in the village.
Some have been trying to comment on a pending proposal for 73 homes on land off Minskip Road near Staveley Nature Reserve.
Mr Bowland said:
0