These people are key for any successful business. They drive progress, activity and change in their organisation.
This award recognises those businesses that have put sustainability at the top of their agenda. These businesses are helping drive change and leading the way by reducing their impact on the environment.
Best independent retailer
This business has survived the pandemic and now tackling a cost-of-living crisis. They are truly beating the odds to support customers and make the high street work for them.
This is the moment the entrants for the Stray Ferret Business Awards have all been dreaming about. The Winners Lounge, sponsored by LCF Law, will be where we interview and take lots of pictures so we can celebrate your success.
Chief Executive Officer at Harrogate Town AFC
Sarah began her career in advertising at the Yorkshire Post and Harrogate Advertiser series before joining Harrogate’s first local radio station, Stray FM – which was the start of a varied management career in commercial radio before finally becoming the Managing Director of multi-award winning Stray FM – one of the UK’s most successful commercial radio stations of its size.
In September 2021, Sarah joined Harrogate Town AFC as CEO and in June 2023, Sarah was recognised at the Football Business Awards as the SkyBet League Two CEO of the year, as voted for by fellow SkyBet League Two CEO’s.
Managing Director of VIDA Healthcare
James Rycroft formed Vida Healthcare in 2010 in order to offer exceptional care for people living with Dementia.
Over the years he has designed, developed and now operates 300 beds and employs over 500 staff. All Vida’s homes have been rated as Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission which a direct result of James’ passion for quality care and quality environments.
CEO of Prosperis
Niall is an executive in retail financial services, wealth management and employee benefits with over 40 years’ experience in various executive roles with more recent focus on management. Niall operates at board level with UK regulatory approved designations, possessing excellent broad-based problem solving, communication and stakeholder management skills to ensure delivery and high effectiveness.
Experienced in developing strategies, functions and frameworks, transformational change and developing/managing existing teams.
He is the former Chairman of the Yorkshire Life & Pensions Society for an unprecedented three terms.
Former managing director of Harrogate’s Yorkshire Events Centre.
Heather is an events professional who has spent the last 30 years building successful businesses on the Great Yorkshire Showground, including Pavilions of Harrogate, Yorkshire Event Centre, Fodder and the Harrogate Caravan Park.
Committed to good people management, communication, pushing boundaries for success and having a happy culture
- The Stray Ferret Business Awards is judged by an independent panel of experts. They are chosen for their expertise, experience and positions in the industry and its various sectors.
- Judges give their free time to participate in the judging process.
- Judges with conflicts of interest in categories will not participate in the judging of those categories.
- Following the deadline, judges are given every entry, provided in the same format and without any material that goes against the terms and conditions.
- Judges score each entry according to the criteria of each category.
- Judges will then meet to discuss their scores and make a final decision during a single day of judging, based on the contents of the written entry.
- The judging process is confidential and all decisions are final.