The organisers behind the Yorkshire Warrior obstacle course have announced the event will not take place this year.
The annual obstacle challenge, which includes 20km, 15km, 10km and a 3km event for juniors, was due to be held at Ripley Castle.
In a post on its website and social media, organisers said rising costs of materials and services had led to the decision.
It said:
“We are truly gutted to announce that there will be no Yorkshire Warrior events taking place this year.
“This is due to a number of reasons but mainly the rising costs of materials, services and health and safety.
“We really do hope to come back in 2024 with some new and exciting events, but for now we are taking a break.”
The extreme obstacle challenge was founded in 2013 by Ian and Danielle Bush.
Read more
- Harrogate district pub unveils new-look beer garden
- More rail strikes in Harrogate and Knaresborough this week
Yorkshire Warrior event date brought forward
The date of this year’s Yorkshire Warrior event at Ripley Castle has been brought forward to April 3.
The extreme obstacle challenge was due to take place on May 21 and 22.
But Ian and Danielle Bush, who founded the event in 2013, announced today they were expecting their third child in May and had therefore changed the date,
The couple posted on the Yorkshire Warrior Facebook page today.
“We are delighted to be welcoming our third child who is due in May.
“With this in mind we have had to make the hard decision to re schedule this year’s Yorkshire Warrior event to Sunday 3rd April 2022.
“We totally understand that this news may not work for some participants, please do let us know by emailing us.
“We really hope you understand why we have had to change the date, and apologise for the inconvenience this will cause to some.”
Teams, individuals and juniors travel from across the UK to take on the obstacles at Ripley Castle each year.
Read more:
- Yorkshire Warrior obstacle challenge to go ahead next month
- Strayside Sunday: 2022 will see a changing of the guard in Harrogate
Yorkshire Warrior obstacle challenge to go ahead next month
The annual Yorkshire Warrior obstacle course will go ahead next month despite a delay in lockdown restrictions easing.
The event is due to take place on Sunday July 4 at Ripley Castle, just outside of Harrogate.
It comes for the first time in two years after last year’s event was cancelled due to the covid pandemic.
Anyone is welcome to sign up for the challenge, which involves a 10km race with 30 obstacles and two lake crossings. There is also a 3km junior warrior race for under-15s on the same day.
New for 2021 is a log-carry race in which teams are challenged to carry a 3m timber log around a 5km track.
Participants can buy a ticket on the day for £50, or sign up online for an early-bird discount, and people are encouraged to form teams. The log-carry race fee is £99 per team.
Read more
- Harrogate Food Festival coming to the Stray this weekend
- Ripon Ghost Walk returns for a spooky summer season