Battery believed to have caused last night’s fire at Ripon recycling company
Last updated Apr 7, 2022
Fire at K. A. Anderson
The fire was at the K. A. Anderson recycling site on the Dallamires Lane Industrial Estate

A battery in a pile of scrap metal is believed to be have causes last night’s fire at a specialist Ripon recycling company.

Nobody was injured in the blaze at K. A. Anderson metal recyclers on the Dallamires Lane Industrial Estate.

In its incident log, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service says this morning:

“Two crews from Ripon responded to reports of a fire in a scrap yard involving 2M by 4M of scrap.

“Crews used four breathing apparatus, three forty five mm jets, a thermal imaging camera and lighting, as well as a digger, to extinguish the fire.

“This was believed to be caused by a battery within the scrap pile.”

The fire was spotted shortly before 8pm.

Fire Engines at K.A. Anderson

Two Ripon fire crews attended the fire

A member of the K.A Anderson management, who was on the main gate to the premises to give fire crews access to the site, told the Stray Ferret:

“Nobody has been injured, it’s simply a fire that has started in a skip.”

View through gate of K.A.Anderson fire

The blaze was quickly brought under control by the fire crews

Thick clouds of dark acrid smoke billowed into the sky over Dallamires Lane, as officers worked to put out the fire.

They quickly had it under control.

K. A Anderson, a specialist in all aspects of metal recycling, is a third generation family-run business, operating for almost half a century,

On the company website, it says that the recycler has built a professional reputation for scrappage, processing and raw metals supply throughout the UK.

The company provides a complete metal recycling service, for many businesses and its major clients include Google and Lord’s Cricket Ground.

Follow us on

The Stray Ferret Feed