Chimney fire warning after blaze in Scotton
by

Author

Last updated May 2, 2022
Scotton chimney fire
Last night's incident/ Pic: Harrogate Fire Station

Firefighters urged people to have their chimneys swept regularly after being summoned to a blaze in Scotton last night.

A crew from Knaresborough dealt with the incident at a home in the village at around 9pm.

Using the aerial ladder platform from Harrogate, firefighters were able to extinguish the flames and make safe the chimney pot.

Harrogate Fire Station said in a social media post the cause is believed to be an accumulation of flammable materials within the flue. It added:

“Please do make sure you regularly sweep your chimneys to prevent fires from happening.

“We recommend that your chimney should be swept at least once a year for smokeless fuel, at least twice a year for bituminous coal, and quarterly for wood.”


Read more:


 

Author


Download the FREE Stray Ferret app here to access the latest news, competitions and offers.


Follow us on

The Stray Ferret Feed