Northern Energy has submitted plans to relocate its headquarters from Hampsthwaite to near Marton-cum-Grafton.
The company, which has an annual turnover of £27 million, has been based at its Hampsthwaite headquarters for over half a century.
It supplies more than 50 million litres of oil and liquid petroleum gas across the UK each year.
“Such is the success of the business, the company have now outgrown their current premises on the edge of Hampsthwaite.
“Indeed, the location of the facility, some distance from the local highway network, and the absence of oil and fuel storage capacity on site is now beginning to hinder the business.”
The company wants to build its new headquarters on Limebar Lane, one kilometre from the village of Marton-cum-Grafton.
The plans include 10,000 square feet of office space, a vehicle depot, LPG and oil storage tanks and a new car park.
The site would accommodate 30 office staff and 20 operations staff.
Established in 1932 by Ralph Robinson, the grandfather of current chairman, Howard Illingworth, the company originally began collecting milk from farmers and supplying coal to local people.
- Boroughbridge agricultural business acquired by global company
- Help for businesses to support staff through covid challenges