Plastic toaster put in oven causes house fire in Harrogate
by

Authors

Nov 21, 2020
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue.

Firefighters using breathing apparatus were called to an oven fire in Harrogate early this morning when a plastic toaster was put inside an oven.

The toaster caught fire and two women who were in the house at the time received precautionary check-ups from paramedics at the scene.

Two fire crews from Harrogate and one from Knaresborough were called to the incident on Otley Road at 2.36am.


Read more:


North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service’s incident log said the women were in their early 20s but did not name them.

The log said smoke detectors were fitted at the property, adding:

“The cause is believed to be careless use of a heat source. Crews used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel.”

Authors


Want the latest news stories direct to your inbox? Click here to sign up for our newsletter.


Follow us on

The Stray Ferret Feed

Plans for 170 homes in #Knaresborough have locals concerned about the impact on wildlife at Hay-a-Park.

https://buff.ly/37mNovH

Load More...
The 7 Day Christmas Giveaway
Shop Local