Firefighters were called to Knaresborough last night to deal with a chimney fire.
A crew from the town’s on-call station was summoned to the blaze on Greengate Lane at 10.24pm.
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service’s incident report said the fire was confined to the chimney only.
“Crews also inspected the roof and loft space for any damage but none was detected.
“The fire was caused by an accumulation of soot and advice was given to the occupants. Crews also used a nine-metre ladder, working at height equipment, and a roof ladder.”
Earlier in the night, at 9.31pm, Knaresborough firefighters were called to help an older male who had fallen at a house on Stockwell Lane.
Harrogate firefighters were summoned to Skipton Road at 6.45pm following reports of a smell of smoke in a house.
The incident report said:
“This was caused by a overheated vacuum cleaner. Crews removed the appliance to open air and conducted a safe and well with the occupant.”
- Taylor Wimpey to reveal plans for 402 homes in Knaresborough
- Tree campaigner criticises ‘insulting’ Harrogate Spring Water claims