North Yorkshire Police has renewed its appeal to find a man missing from the Harrogate area.
Cao Xuan Tuan, 25, has been missing since last month. He was last seen on Thursday, February 29.
Officers described Cao as Asian, with short straight black hair, brown eyes and about 5 foot 6 inches tall.
In a statement today, police said:
“We’re growing increasingly concerned for Cao’s welfare and are asking for anyone who may have seen him, or knows where he is, to contact us immediately.
“Cao, if you are reading this, please get in touch with someone, we just want to know that you are safe.
If you have seen Cao, or have information contact 101. If you know his immediate whereabouts, please call 999.
Quote North Yorkshire Police reference number 12240041667.
Read more:
- New figures show North Yorkshire ‘safest place in England’
- Sports watches worth £4,400 stolen from Harrogate shop
North Yorkshire Police to send officers to Queen’s funeral
North Yorkshire Police has said policing levels in the Harrogate district “won’t be adversely affected” despite officers being redeployed to London for the Queen’s funeral.
The state funeral of Elizabeth II will take place at Westminster Abbey on Monday. About 10,000 police officers are expected to be in the capital in the days leading up to the funeral and during it.
The Met has drafted in officers from around the UK to boost security, including both specialist and general officers from North Yorkshire Police.
The Stray Ferret asked the force how many officers based in the Harrogate district will be in London but it said it was unable to give a figure due to “operational reasons”.
Assistant chief constable Elliot Foskett said NYP will allocate officers in the district “in a way that does not adversely affect the level of policing the public.”
He said:
“Like other police forces, North Yorkshire Police is supporting the Metropolitan Police in helping to deal with the significant challenges for them at this very difficult, and very sad time.
“We are providing both specialist and general duties police officers to work alongside other national colleagues to ensure the safety of the public visiting the capital to pay their respects.”
Read more:
- The Queen’s funeral: Harrogate district arrangements for Monday
- Junior soldiers in Harrogate among first to swear oath to King Charles III
Reported sighting of missing Harrogate woman in Wetherby
North Yorkshire Police says a member of the public reported seeing missing Harrogate woman Judith Holliday in Wetherby yesterday, as officers continue to search for the missing 73-year-old.
Judith was last seen on Saturday at 10.43am at Library Gardens in Harrogate after she left her care home.
Police believe she may have walked from here to use public transport.
She is described as white, thin build, approximately 5ft in height, with medium-length grey bobbed hair. She was last seen wearing dark-coloured trousers and a coat.
The police have deployed their operational support unit as well as a drone to search for her in rural areas around Harrogate.
Extensive CCTV enquires are also taking place to try and establish any further positive sightings.
North Yorkshire Police critical incident inspector, Martin Smith said:
Police growing ‘increasingly concerned’ for missing Harrogate woman“We’re currently extremely concerned for the welfare of Judith. I believe that Judith has either walked from this location on foot or has used public transport.
“I would urge members of the public, in particular people in the Harrogate and Wetherby areas to remain vigilant, and report any sightings to police immediately.”
North Yorkshire Police says it is growing ‘increasingly concerned’ for the welfare of missing Harrogate woman Judith Holliday who has been missing since Saturday.
Judith, who is 73, was last seen on Saturday at 10.43am at Library Gardens in Harrogate after she left her care home.
She is described as white, thin build, approximately 5ft in height, with medium-length grey bobbed hair. She was last seen wearing dark-coloured trousers and a coat.
The police have deployed their operational support unit as well as a drone to search for her.
Judith requires daily medication and it’s believed she doesn’t have this with her. She has a limited amount of cash and doesn’t have a mobile phone.
Anyone with information that could help with the search should email matthew.bulmer@northyorkshire.police.uk. You can also call North Yorkshire Police on 101, select option 2, and ask for Matthew Bulmer.
If you have an immediate sighting of Judith call 999.
Quote the North Yorkshire Police reference number 12220153505
Read more:
- Police in Harrogate appeal for missing 73 year old woman
-
Harrogate care boss relieved as government ends mandatory covid testing
Horror crash in Harrogate sees pair lucky to escape alive
Two people were lucky to escape alive after a car hit a tree in Harrogate in the early hours of this morning.
The car was severely mangled by the crash, which took place on Harlow Moor Road, close to Harrogate Spring Water’s headquarters, at around midnight.
North Yorkshire Police traffic officer Sgt Paul Cording tweeted that the two people inside the Vauxhall managed to get out with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
He added:
“I am still gobsmacked that we were not doing the long walk to someone’s house last night for ‘that knock’.
“The intrusion is unbelievable and testament to the advancement in vehicle safety & another reason we bang on all the time about wearing seatbelts #Fatal5″
Read more:
- Harrogate boy, 15, admits stealing car and carrying knife on Stray
- Harrogate district MPs yet to reveal who they want as Prime Minister
Officer who downloaded indecent images ‘betrayed the trust of North Yorkshire Police’
A senior North Yorkshire Police officer has said former officer Christopher Groom ‘betrayed public trust and betrayed North Yorkshire Police’ after he was given a community order for downloading indecent images of children.
Leeds Magistrates Court heard yesterday how Groom, 41, searched the internet for images of youngsters using search terms such as ‘naked young teens’ and ‘youngest naked models’.
Analysis of Groom’s computer tower revealed that he had downloaded 8,707 Category C images of children over what is thought to be a seven-year period.
District Judge Richard Kitson told Groom, of Main Street, Claxton, he would not be sending him to jail because the probation service said he was at low risk of reoffending and could be rehabilitated in the community.

Mabs Hussain
Following the end of the court case, North Yorkshire Police deputy chief constable Mabs Hussain said the force “demands the highest level of integrity from our officers and staff.”
He added:
“This is essential to ensure the communities we are proud to serve have complete trust in their police service.
“The abhorrent and criminal actions of Groom have betrayed that public trust and he has betrayed North Yorkshire Police.”
Read more:
- Police officer avoids jail after downloading 8,000 indecent images of children
- Mobile speed van is not ours, says North Yorkshire Police
Groom resigned from North Yorkshire Police ahead of his first court appearance on May 18.
An accelerated misconduct hearing will now be considered by the Chief Constable and the professional standards department.
Groom was investigated by NYP’s online abuse and exploitation team.
Detective Sergeant Steve Alderson said:
Missing boy, 14, has now been found“The fact that Groom was a serving North Yorkshire Police officer made no difference to how we conducted the investigation.
“He was treated the same as any other member of the public who become subject to a criminal inquiry and court proceedings.
“This case shows the determination of North Yorkshire Police to secure justice against those involved in indecent images of children offences, no matter who they are.”
North Yorkshire Police says a boy who went missing has now been found.
An appeal went up this morning after the boy, 14, failed to return home after school yesterday.
The police have now issued an update to say the boy has been located and is “safe and well”.