Village pub near Knaresborough suffers second fire in three years
Last updated Aug 2, 2023
Firefighters at the Tiger Inn at Coneythorpe this morning.

A village pub near Knaresborough has suffered a second fire in less than three years.

Firefighters were called to the Tiger Inn at Coneythorpe at 6am this morning.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service has yet to provide any details of the incident but eye witnesses have told the Stray Ferret nobody is believed to have been injured.

The back of the pub is believed to have been most badly damaged.

The Harrogate Bus Company tweeted at 8.24am to say the 21 bus had been diverted because of the incident.

However, a villager said all roads had now reopened but firefighters remained at the scene.

The pub is not expected to be open today.

We will provide more details when they are available.

Previous fire

Today’s fire appears to be far less devastating than the one that gutted the Tiger Inn in November 2020.

Fire crews from Harrogate, Knaresborough and Acomb spent six hours battling the blaze, and the pub underwent a major refurbishment before reopening 11 months later.

Firefighters tackle the blaze at the Tiger Inn, Coneythorpe, back in November.

Firefighters tackling the blaze at the Tiger Inn in 2020.

When the pub reopened, owners Ian and Barbara Gill donated £5,000 to the Firefighter’s Charity as a thank-you.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said at the time of the blaze that fire broke out in the pub’s kitchen and the cause was believed to be accidental.

Read more:


Download the FREE Stray Ferret app here to access the latest news, competitions and offers.