More train strikes are set to disrupt services in Harrogate and Knaresborough this week.
Rail company Northern has said no services will operate on Saturday due to industrial action by train drivers’ union Aslef.
It added in a statement:
“Additional disruption is expected on Friday, September 29 and from Monday 2 to Friday 6 October due to action short of strike called by Aslef and customers are advised to check before they travel as there may be some short notice cancellations to services running on these days.
“There will also be no services on Wednesday, October 4 – when an additional strike has been called by the union.”

Northern’s guide to forthcoming services.
Read more:
- Harrogate set to get earlier and later direct London trains
- Harrogate’s ‘inner-city school’ is improving, says headteacher
Mick Whelan, Aslef general secretary, said:
No trains in Harrogate and Knaresborough on Saturday amid further strikes‘While we regret having to take this action – we don’t want to lose a day’s pay, or disrupt passengers, as they try to travel by train — the government, and the employers have forced us into this position.
“Our members have not, now, had a pay rise for four years – since 2019 – and that’s not right when prices have soared in that time.”
Train passengers in the Harrogate district are set to face further disruption this weekend amid strike action.
Members of the RMT Union are set to strike on Saturday, July 29, over a pay dispute.
Northern, which operates trains between York and Leeds through Harrogate, has announced that the industrial action will affect services.
It means no trains will run through Harrogate or Knaresborough stations on Saturday.
The company has also urged passengers to check before they travel on Sunday (July 30) as “some services may be affected”.
The move comes as the district was hit by two days of strike action last week, when RMT members walked out on July 20 and July 22.
At the time, Tricia Williams, chief operating officer at Northern, said:
“Yet again, thousands of our customers will be inconvenienced as a result of this action by the RMT union.
“We all want to see an end to this dispute and the uncertainty that on-going strike action causes to people’s confidence in the railway.”
Defending the move, Mick Lynch, general secretary of the RMT, said:
“This latest phase of action will show the country just how important railway staff are to the running of the rail industry.
“My team of negotiators and I are available 24/7 for talks with the train operating companies and government ministers.
“Yet quite incredibly neither party has made any attempt whatsoever to arrange any meetings or put forward a decent offer that can help us reach a negotiated solution.”
Read more:
- Councillor outlines plans for new train station in Harrogate
- Harrogate rail line ‘close to capacity’, says report